Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Past 3 WEEKS!!(Irregularities included)

"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON". I have heard this quote more times than I would have liked to!! and to make things worse, I have heard this for all the wrong reasons. Mostly, I hear it when things go wrong! I still have not figured out the appropriate time to use that statement though and also why people use this crappy phrase?!! Does it make them feel better?!! I would reckon they just do it because

1- They have to say something.

2- Some people feel that they have some sort of edge over other people when they shove up some random quote up someone's ass during a friendly conversation.

Anyways, all I am trying to say is that I could not blog for the past 2-3 weeks because I was busy!(:D) I have been traveling a lot. Went to Ernakulam and Trichy the past two weekends!! Going to hoganakkal, yercaud and Kodaikanal in less than an hour.

Speaking about Trichy, According to legends and myths( college gossip), Trichy aka Tiruchirapalli is kind of like this God Forbidden town in the heart of the wilderness of Tamil Nadu!! I went there as a part of my dance team for taking part in FESTEMBER 2008( cultural festival of NIT, trichy). To be frank, Trichy dint live up to its name!! It was actually a nice place except for that heat wave which could give anyone a sunstroke. I must also say I noticed a few funny things over there!!

1) NIT Trichy is supposedly one of the top technical schools in India! Those braniacs do things very differently..but I still cant figure out "(Why or Who) the f**k builds a fence across a continuous road?!!(NO GATE!! its just FENCE!!)" what puzzled me more is the question "Which came first?!! the fence?!! or the road?!!" either way, its confusing!!(:D)

2) Its a huge campus spread over an area of 800 acres!!..When I mean spread, I mean every building is somewhere else!!(different panchayaths) It takes at least 10 minutes to reach the nearest building!! and half an hour to reach the respective hostels!! whatever happened to proper land utilization smart asses?!!

3) For a technical institute, Its pitch dark at night with no light anywhere!! We have to find our destination with the help of the stars! Its apparently a way of teaching astronomy without actually teaching it!!( brilliant aint it?!!) If its a cloudy day!! Carry a portable tent!! Lots of place to camp!

4) I think NIT, Trichy is the only place with cows and oxen guarding the hostels!!( no labor charge and damn effective,I mean who would want to be gored?!! its bloody brilliant!!)

5) Apparently, The coolest place in their campus is called "THE BARN"( lol..that one still cracks me up!!)

6) Plants do not seem to grow much in spite of the fact that cow dung is abundant and available in all forms (solid, semi-solid and liquid)

7) They have disciplined live concerts and performances!! The spectators are supposed to be seated at all times and are prohibited from dancing. Girls and boys are separated with a layer of the faculty in between!!(WTF?!!)

Whatever reasons I give, I cannot deny the fact that I had loads of fun in Trichy!! The student community there is amazing!! They are smart, capable and above all very friendly. Their hospitality was way above par. I must also say that they are very tolerant for putting up with the ruthless and dumb administration. Their dance troupe is a treat to watch! Had lots of friends in NIT, Trichy, made lots more this time!! At this point of time, I would like to thank everyone over there in NIT, Trichy for showing me a wonderful time especially Sanjay, Vandana, GK, Sarath and Sumith!! I owe u guys big time!! I look forward to seeing you all for RAGAM!!

P.S:

@ Sanjay - I am aware of the fact that i owe u 100 bucks!! So I guess there is another reason for u to come for RAGAM '09( lol..)
@ Everyone else - our dance team came second for the western dance!! woohooo!!

6 comments:

The Genesis of Oblivion said...

Yes, Mathew!! I thought of the fence that way!! but the funny part is that both the sides are accessible. The only difference is that you would have to go around it to access the other side!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...lol that was funny, having cows as gaurds. Damn, it must have seriously sucked to have to walk to all those buildings. They should have built the buildings better. quick question, how the hell do they call this fun just sitting down on the proper side and being being quiet, no screaming and cheering. Were they even allowed to breath in the place? Anyways congrats on winning second place.

Another Blogger said...

hey... almost cracked me up there..
i like the bit about the quote, i have found myself playing both parts many a times in my life...
the last para seemed like u were trying to save your ass after all those horrible things u had to say bout the place...
i havent been to trichy.. and.. id like to learn astronomy - so i think ill go there soon.

The Genesis of Oblivion said...

@Reena
I have no idea how people manage to stay there with all the cows and cow dung!! and also how they manage to stay disciplined during a concert?!! well i think the best way to answer this question is by saying "THIS IS INDIA!!" People are not so broad minded when it comes to male-female fun time!!

@ Shenthol
Yes, the last paragraph is to ensure that the trichy people do not pelt stones at me!! but i do have to stress that everything in the last paragraph is 100% true!!

Mohammed Shamil said...

dude...
there is no comments for awesomeness.. :) pt. 3 especially.. keep going n mayb u can re think ur career plans... :)

AJO JOSEPH THOMAS said...

Hi !

The following BOOKLETS in malayalam of Rev. Fr. Savior, Vattayil, Sehion (Thavalam,Attappady,Palakkad) are available in the under mentioned blogspot created by me to propagate WORD OF GOD.

http://THEWORDOFGODISALIVE.BLOGSPOT.COM
________________________________________________________________

1, Madyapanam Aruthu !

2, Kuttikalkku vishundarude perukal idanam

3, Misravivaham aruthu

4, Ningalude sangya kuranju pokaruthu

5, Daivavachanamakunna Atmavinde val edukkuka

6, Onnum ningalay upadravikkukayilla

It has total 81 posts and it includes :

WHAT IS LOVE ?

TEST YOUR FAITH

THE GREAT RIGHT OF A CHRISTIAN

THE GUILT OF MANKIND

BEWARE OF THE SPIRIT OF APOSTASY ..etc.

Please visit the web site sehion.org. You can view or download online videos of preaching of word of God by Fr. Savior, Vattayil - Palakkad Diocese from the site (Abhishekagni & Maranatha programmes telecast in SHALOM TV)

SHALOM TV - 8.30 TO 9 PM ON SUNDAYS

JEEVAN TV - 6 - 6.30 AM ON SATURDAYS

______________________________________

HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON - ONLINE VIDEO

Link : http://www.sehion.org/video.php?file=vstreamer/58.wmv